VOASA is the self-regulatory body of the Shared Vacation Ownership industry and its Board of Directors are appointed annually at its AGM, from representatives active in the various fields of the industry. The various membership categories have the following representation:
The Developer Category appoints four members and the Brokers, Exchange, Managing Agents and Owners Associations categories each elect one member to serve on the board. As Fractional Ownership is a new category within the association two fractional members are co-opted onto the board. The Board appoints an Executive Director to administer the secretariat activities.
|VOASA BOARD OF DIRECTORS|
|DEVELOPERS||EXCHANGE ORG.||BROKERS||MANAGING AGENTS||OWNERS ASSOC.||FRAC. OWNERSHIP & OTHER|
J. Lee (Chairman)
|D. Manikis||P.Lishman||D.P. Viljoen||W. Dickson||B.M.Stocks|
Unresolved industry matters are referred to the Standards Council committee whose members are drawn from consumer bodies, related regulatory bodies, legal practitioners, representation from the industry itself and ultimately chaired by an independent chairperson not directly associated with VOASA or its’ members.
|INDUSTRY||CONSUMER AFFAIRS||REGULATORY||LEGAL||CHAIR PERSON|
|3 Members||1 Member||1 Member||1 Member||1 Member|
VOASA Complaints Procedure
1. The Secretariat will forward a copy of the complaint to the member concerned together with any additional information which it seems to be appropriate.
2. The member will have 14 (fourteen) days to attempt to resolve the complaint directly with the complainant and will advise the Secretariat of any resolution achieved.
3. If the Complainant confirms that the member has addressed the complaint then the complaint will be deemed to have been resolved and the secretariat will take no further action.
4. If the complainant is not satisfied that the complaint has been satisfactorily resolved within 14 (fourteen) days, then the Secretariat will notify the member that it has 5 (five) days from the date of delivery of any such notification to respond to the complaint in writing and to provide any additional information that it deems to be appropriate.
5. Following the receipt of the member’s response, or the expiry of the time period for the delivery of any such response, the Secretariat will assign the complaint to a Complaints Officer for investigation.
6. The Complaints Officer must carefully review:
6.1 the complaint;
6.2 any response the member has made to the complaint;
6.3 the Code;
6.4 the relevant legal requirements; and
6.5 any other material relevant to the complaint, as supplied by the complainant and / or the member.
7. The Complaints Officer may request that the complainant and / or the member furnish additional information relating to the complaint.
8. An Complaints Officer will be required to resolve any dispute of fact on a balance of probabilities.
9. On the basis of all of the information and evidence presented, the Complaints Officer will determine whether there has been a breach of the Code. Each case will be considered and decided on its own merits.
Should any member of the public have a complaint regarding a VOASA member, they are invited to address their complaint in writing to:
Vacation Ownership Association of Southern Africa
P.O. Box 2823 Durbanville 7551
Telephone Nr: 021 914 9693
Fax Nr: 086 611 6619
Email us: email@example.com
Or complete the complaint form here